360 Fireworks Party

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

FRANK PLEADS GUILTY, PAYS FINE; CRUISER CAM LOCKED UP BY JUDGE

by Michael Monks
mmonks@deanmproductions.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-River-City-News/244172412265645

Commissioner Steve Frank pleaded guilty to operating a motor vehicle under the influence and disregarding a stop sign in an early morning off-docket appearance at the Kenton County Justice Center. The first term Commissioner paid a fine of $784.00 and will be on nonsupervised probation, meaning that if another offense is committed over the next two years, Frank, 55, could serve seven days in jail. Frank's license is suspended for sixty days (a request for "hardship" can be made after thirty days) and he will also attend alcohol treatment classes.

Frank was arrested early Saturday morning after a Covington police officer claimed to have seen him run a stop sign, prompting a stop. The Commissioner spent eight hours in the Kenton County Jail before being released.

Crusier cam video of that arrest will not be released following an order by the presiding judge who honored a request to keep the video sealed. A clerk at the courthouse did not know who made the request. The judge describes the video as "confidential" and has ordered the Covington Police Department never to release the footage regardless of the request, unless used in a confidential, official manner.

SEE COMMISSIONER FRANK'S STATEMENT BY CLICKING THE LINK BELOW
STEVE FRANK STATEMENT
August 3, 2011

"As I have previously expressed, I am deeply sorry and I apologize for the poor judgment I exhibited this past weekend. I offer no excuse for my behavior, I accept complete responsibility for my action, and I am prepared to accept the consequences of this transgression.

My behavior was regrettable and I seek the forgiveness of my community, my constituents, and my family. I have learned a painful and lasting lesson, one I intend to never repeat."


Frank continued on Facebook:

" While this as you might imagine is unquestionably one of the lowest points of my life, two positives have come out of it. The first is that I am absolutely humbled by the outpouring of concern and best wishes I have received from not only ...the region's mover's and shakers, but more importantly from my neighbors here in Covington. I offered my resignation to every board I am on, both charitable and civic; all refused it. I have received innumerable phone calls, texts, im's, emails and unsolicited encounters on the street to stay in the arena and continue to fight the good fight to put the interests of the people first. That, rest assurd, I will continue to do!The second positive thing is that many people who also know better, are going to not be driving even if they begin to think they are at all close to the line. If my suffering and humiliation in the press these past days has done anyone any good at all, I hope it is driving home the lesson to never drink and drive. I'm sorry."

No comments:

Post a Comment