360 Fireworks Party

Thursday, July 19, 2012

MAYOR, CITY MANAGER REACT TO FIRE CHIEF'S RETIREMENT

THE RIVER CITY NEWS MORE COVINGTON NEWS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
| 
|
Chief Chuck Norris of the Covington Fire Department will retire at the end of July (Click the link for an exclusive interview with Norris: Chief Chuck Norris Talks of His Retirement from Covington FD) and today Mayor Chuck Scheper and City Manager Larry Klein react to the news. From a press release:
Fire Chief Chuck Norris has announced he is going to retire effective July 31, 2012. Norris, 51, has served as Covington's Fire Chief since August 1, 2011. He began his fire career with the Covington Fire Department August 20, 1984.

Over the years, he served as a firefighter, Engineer, Lieutenant, Captain, Fire Inspector, Assistant Fire Chief, and finally, as Fire Chief. He was also named interim Public Works Director in 2008. And, he was Acting Fire Chief in 2005, and 2010-11.

"I have enjoyed my time with the City of Covington," said Norris. "I have enjoyed the relationships I have been able to develop with my fellow firefighters, the community, fire, law enforcement and elected officials over the years."

"The City of Covington and our Fire Department are greatly indebted to Chief Norris for his 28 years of outstanding and unparalleled service to the community," said City Manager Larry Klein.

"He will be greatly missed, and leaves an indelible mark of excellence in public service to this community as his legacy."

Norris said he has no immediate plans, and he will be exploring his professional options.

"I am sorry to see him leave," said Mayor Chuck Scheper. "I enjoyed working with him in my brief tenure here. Chief Norris has been a dedicated firefighter for our City. We are losing a good man."

"I want to thank my family, friends and colleagues for their support over these many years," said Norris. "I want to say our Covington firefighters are second to none."

"I have had a good working relationship with Mayor Scheper, the commissioners, and City Manager Larry Klein," he said. "I want to thank them for their support."
Chuck Norris

No comments:

Post a Comment