360 Fireworks Party

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

COVINGTON VOICES: A PHOTOGRAPHY EXHIBIT AT AEC

by Michael Monks 
|   
THE RIVER CITY NEWS MORE COVINGTON NEWS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
|
During Wednesday's presentation on Covington's proposed Business Improvement District, attendees at the Artisan Enterprise Center were surrounded by an engaging photographic celebration of community members. Dubbed "Covington Voices", each piece features one or more photos of a Covingtonian accompanied by self-proclaimed praise for the City they love. Take a look at some of the familiar faces decking the walls at the AEC:
|
Chuck Scheper, the
Accidental Mayor
"I hope people remember that I was honest and open and helped to redirect a fundamental change in the direction of the City. There are tough choices that we have to make, but we're unified. It doesn't matter id you're Democrat or Republican; we're all Covingtonians." 
|
MORE PHOTOS BELOW, JUST CLICK THE LINK!
|
|
Lindsay Vancini, "Face of 
the future"
"Covington is a place I'm proud to call home. It's a close-knit community, which I love. There is a lot of history here in Covington that a lot of people need to see." 
|
Brandon Gabbard, 
"Faithful caretaker"
"Covington has always been a very family-oriented place and our church especially is a place where we can meet, hang out, and talk. It is a great place to raise a family." 
|
Faye Massey,
"Storyteller"
"I just think Covington has so much energy, and so many different types of energy; you just have to be willing to tap into it."
|
Steve Roenker,
"Ring master"
"Covington is the city I was born in and the community I returned to. My earliest and perhaps fondest memories are of my early year when we lived in Covington. Covington also has some unique and wonderful qualities." 
|
Marissa Tucker,
"Trailblazer" 
"Covington is a diverse, vibrant city filled with beautiful architecture and green spaces."
|
Tim Dwight,
"Timekeeper" 
"Everybody wants to fix Covington but it's almost like you have to go with its vibe. It's got to evolve on its own." 
|
Laura Knight,
"Community artist"
"Covington is first and foremost home. But it is also like a relationship - you love it, but you have to keep working at it. Covington is always changing and growing, so I need to change and grow as well. But I can also influence the change and growth." 
|
Tom Wherry,
"Pragmatic visionary"
"Covington and our neighborhood is an extension of home. I want to feel at home wherever I may be." 
|
Tanner Watts,
"Unlikely survivor"
"Covington is the only home I know. I was born here, lived here all my life, and I don't know any place else like Covington." 
|
Jerod Theobald,
"New kid in town"
"Covington is on the verge of greatness. A movement is stirring. Stay tuned."

No comments:

Post a Comment