360 Fireworks Party

Thursday, April 5, 2012

COMMISSION FIELD SHRINKS TO EIGHT AS DRESSMAN DROPS OUT

by Michael Monks 
|   
THE RIVER CITY NEWS MORE COVINGTON NEWS THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE
|
Former chairman of the Covington audit committee Matt Dressman has dropped out of the race for Covington City Commission. Dressman cites new responsibilities at his job that may keep him away from town frequently as his reason. Here is a statement from Dressman: 
I orginally decided to enter the race based upon my knowledge of the financial and operational conditions acquired as chairperson of the audit committee. I really wanted to help offer advice and guidance to the city through prudent policies established by the elected officials so that the city staff had the necessary support to implement the forthcoming recommendations from the advisory group. However, my current employment requires more travel time which could prevent me from attending the city meetings. So rather than getting myself into the type of situation that the city is facing, I thought it was in my best interest to continue to work so that I will be able to pay my bills in the future. I appreciate all of the support that I have received from citizens and community leaders in my short campaign time. 
Dressman is the son of former Kenton County Judge-Executive James Dressman. The news comes just days after incumbent City Commissioner Shawn Masters announced the withdrawal of his reelection bid and leaves the commission race with just eight candidates, meaning all will advance to the November general election. All ten names will still appear on the ballot but votes for Dressman or Masters will not be counted in the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment